Partner can’t sleep because you snore? Is it finally time to eliminate it? At Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center in Chesterfield MO, we have proven snoring solutions that can help.
Snoring sounds can occur when soft tissue in the back of the throat collapses onto the soft palate. This narrows the air passageway. As you breathe, this area opens and closes—with a noisy result.
Your snoring may be a symptom of a condition called sleep apnea. With Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), the air passageway not only narrows, you actually stop breathing. These pauses can last for up to a minute and occur repeatedly throughout the night.
One important point: many men and women with sleep apnea snore, but not all snorers have sleep apnea. Regular snoring does not generally wake you up during the night. (But it probably wakes up your bed partner.)
Is My Snoring a Symptom of Sleep Apnea?
- Do you wake up multiple times during the night gasping?
- Are you excessively tired during the day?
- Do you wake up with a headache?
- Do you nod off during the day because you are sleepy?
- Are your mouth and throat noticeably dry when you wake up?
Snoring is not merely an annoyance. It has significant health consequences. And sleep apnea is even more dangerous because it completely cuts off the oxygen flow.
There are three types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: This is the most prevalent type. It is caused by throat muscles relaxing and blocking the airway.
- Central Sleep Apnea: The cause of the breathing cessation originates in the central nervous system. The brain fails to control the breathing muscles.
- Complex Sleep Apnea Syndrome (Treatment-emergent Central Sleep Apnea): This condition is present when a person has both obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea.
At Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center in Chesterfield MO, our sleep apnea and snoring solutions include a custom-made mouthpiece. This appliance can keep your airway open throughout the night. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
14377 Woodlake Dr Ste 205