So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s an economical way to beautify your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your Chesterfield dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you establish which procedure is best for you.
- It is critical to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, porcelain veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening method chosen, your teeth can be enhanced by three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of whitening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative method is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more reasonably priced and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either protocol can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the tooth bleaching systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center if it lasts longer.
Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including dental implants, porcelain veneers, Invisalign, and root canals. At Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
14377 Woodlake Dr Ste 205