When people get mouth sores, one of the things they can do while waiting for it to heal is evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. Here are some tips from Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center in Chesterfield MO that can help minimize the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
- Eat Soft Foods: Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food- plenty of adult dishes fit the bill. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies are good choices.
- Keep Your Meals Bland: It’s humdrum, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
- Keep It Cool: Only eat meals served at room temperature or chilled.
- Use A Straw: This way, whatever you are drinking, you can avoid the mouth sore altogether.
- Moisten Dry Foods: You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
At Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Center in Chesterfield MO, our specialty is dental health. We offer complete general dentistry. People from Chesterfield, Town and Country, St. Louis, Ballwin, and Manchester also come to our practice for cosmetic dentistry and dental implants. Contact us today!
Contact Town and Country Cosmetic Dentistry and Implant Centers:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
14377 Woodlake Dr Ste 205